NAPICU is a not for profit multi-disciplinary organisation, which was formally established in 1996, and is committed to developing and promoting the specialty of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services. We are dedicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development.
Our members are mostly located in the United Kingdom, and become members when working in specific wards or units, which join our association, or as individual mental health professionals from any discipline. We also attract members from outside the UK.
We have the following aims:
- to improve patient experience and outcomes
- to promote staff support and development
- to improve the delivery of care
- to audit the effectiveness of care
- to promote research, education and practice development
- to provide best practice guidance in association with national bodies
Our Executive Committee works with key stakeholders at regional and national levels, to shape policy and practice in the area of acute inpatient psychiatry, including psychiatric intensive care and low secure services.
If you would like to read a copy of our constitution please click here